Sunday, November 28, 2010

Road Trip

Our life has been pretty quiet the past month or so, which is why I've not posted anything.  The last week was pretty busy for us, so I finally have something new to blog about. :-)

Eric and I started out on a road trip last week, driving from SE Michigan to NW Iowa.  The normally 13 hour drive took us 3 days due to several planned (and fun) detours.  The drive was not bad (especially since I got to be a passenger the entire time...thanks Eric!).  We spent our first night in Ottawa, IL...just west of Chicago.  Not much of a town, but a nice hotel and a Cracker Barrel restaurant just off the interstate was perfect.

The first planned detour was to stop in Des Moines, IA to visit a great friend and her family...Amy, Clint, Taya, and Haylen Jensen.  It was my first time meeting Amy's twin girls, who just turned 1 on November 17...they are simply adorable!  Amy & Clint definately have their hands full. :-)  It was great seeing you Aim!!


No comments:

Post a Comment