Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas in Michigan

Eric and I have had a great Christmas!  We started our Christmas celebration the evening of December 22 by going to church and then opening our gifts to each other as well as the gifts from my family. 



Eric loves finding creative ways to disguise presents.  One of our first Christmases together, he wrapped up a very small gift in a large box with one of his sweaters and a football.  I was not familiar with his disguises at that time and was quite confused (and a bit disappointed) until he pointed out the real gift lying within.  This year, he decided to use one of our leftover large moving boxes to wrap a very small gift.  He filled the bottom of the box with wood (to add weight) and then put tons of moving paper to fill the box.  In the middle of all of the paper was a small box with the gift - a remote camera timer. 
Eric is a big kid at heart and enjoys toys.  He has always enjoyed playing with remote controlled vehicles so this year I was on the search for a remote controlled snowplow.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find any such thing and had to settle with an R/C snowmobile.  He was pretty excited to get it and after testing it out, discovered that Michigan has a little too much snow for it to handle.  The snowmobile sunk right into the snow and wouldn't move...so, this gift may be returned for something with a bit more power.

No comments:

Post a Comment