Monday, June 18, 2012

Crafty Mama

I am exploring my crafty side lately...through sewing.  When I was pregnant, I searched and searched for the perfect neutral bedding set and found one with a jungle theme.  Because it took Eric so long to finish the nursery furniture, by the time Graecyn was ready to move into her nursery, I had decided that I no longer wanted the neutral jungle theme and wanted a more girly theme (plus, you can't use most of the items that come in the bedding set due to the suffocation risk, so it seems like a big waste of money).

So, I went out searching for the perfect fabric to create my own crib bedding.  It took forever for us to agree on a fabric and truth be told, Eric's not crazy about the fabric I went with, but finally agreed it was good enough (I love the fabric).  Here are my masterpieces...

A crib skirt...

Accent pillow for the rocking chair...

Placemat for the dresser...


This post wouldn't be complete with out a few pictures of the nursery with Eric's beautiful furniture (we're still trying to decide what to put on the walls...maybe one day the room will be officially complete - hopefully while she's still a baby!). I'm so lucky to have such a talented husband to build all of this beautiful furniture!

No comments:

Post a Comment