Saturday, July 7, 2012

6 Months!

Graecyn is already 1/2 a year old! It seems like yesterday that I was telling Eric that it was time to head to the hospital. No one could have ever prepared us for how much happiness and joy we would have with Graecyn in our lives over these past 6 months! I cannot imagine my life without her in it. Everyday is a new adventure for her and it is so much fun to watch her change and grow.

So, what's Graecyn up to these days...?

-She eats solids twice each day. So far she’s eaten rice cereal, baby oatmeal, sweet potatoes, avocado, and banana and loves them all. With the exception of the rice cereal and oatmeal, I’m making all of her baby food. I’m still nursing her (I absolutely love our bonding time) and supplementing with formula.

-She loves to suck on our chin. It is so funny to see!

-She is still a supported sitter, but getting very close to sitting on her own; she can sit for a few seconds on her own before toppling over.

-She has mastered the army crawl…she props up on her elbows and pulls herself anywhere she wants to go! We have to keep a very close eye on her at every single second now!

-She is constantly moving her legs – always kicking, especially when she gets excited.

-She sleeps really well – usually 8-10 hours at night, and finally, after several not so good nap days, she learned to fall asleep on her own and now gets about 2 good naps each day. While I miss rocking her to sleep, it’s so nice having those extra hours in the day.

-She loves to sleep on her tummy with her butt in the air.

-She loves to play peek-a-boo.

-She loves when I sing “The Wheels on the Bus” to her (this song stops her crying and makes her smile instantly).

-She rarely cries or fusses and usually only does so if she is tired, bored or hungry!

-She has learned how to scream and it can be cute (at times).
-She loves to play with tags - if the tag is on a toy, she doesn't care anything about what the toy does, she'd rather play with the tag.

-She weighs almost 15 lbs and is about 26 in. long! (Based on our home measurements as her next doctor’s appointment is not until the end of the month).She smiles constantly and has the sweetest laugh!

-She's starting to imitate the faces we make.

-She loves to watch us brush our teeth – it completely mesmerizes her!

-And this is kind of strange, but she loves the snot sucker (aka nasal aspirator). Anytime we pull out the snot sucker, she starts to smile...and smiles and laughs the entire time we’re using it on her.

Here are some of her 6 month photos - unfortunately, she woke up with a cold, so wasn't really in the mood for a photoshoot. I'm hoping to try this again in a few days when she's feeling better.






1 comment:

  1. I love this update! So many milestones for Lil Miss Graecyn! The last photo of her is totally a framer of her first unofficial half birthday :)

    ReplyDelete