Wednesday, March 6, 2013

14 Months

Graecyn,
You are 14 months old today.  After you turned one, I hadn't planned to continue with the monthly updates, but there are still so many fun things happening almost daily that I have to keep them going.

You weigh 19 lbs 11 oz (same as at your 12 month appointment) - I'm pretty sure you put on some weight since then, but now that you're so active, it's hard for you to keep the weight on.  You grew 1" over the past 2 months (no wonder your pants and long sleeves are all too short) - you're now 31" long.

You are talking like crazy and trying to say many of the words Daddy and I say - they pretty much all sound like you're saying "addy" or "daddy" though; most days it sounds like you're speaking in French.  You're trying hard to say "more" and after a few tries and some help from me or Daddy, you can usually say it pretty clear.  You have mastered saying "no" (probably because you hear us say it to you so often) and "hi" - your "hi" sounds like "hieeee" and is so cute, especially when you say it while giving your whole arm wave.  I love coming home to you greeting me at the door with a big smile, wave and "hieeee".  You love to imitate sounds, especially any type of timer.  No matter what you're doing - eating, playing, throwing a tantrum - the second you hear a timer go off, you stop what you're doing and say "dong".  It's the funniest thing.

You got your first ear infection yesterday, but handled it like a champ.  I think you get your ability to handle sickness from me and not Daddy, which is good; you had a fever and double ear infection, but were still smiling, waving and saying "hi" to everyone in the waiting room.  After the doctor's appointment, you had another first...your first McDonald's happy meal - it came with a tiara that I think I might be more excited about than you are.

You are pretty shy around new people and like to sit back and observe in new situations (so much like me and Daddy) and stay close to me.  Once you're comfortable in your surroundings, you become quite the show-off.  You are extremely independent and love to climb on anything and everything.  You've recently rediscovered the Bumbo seat and love to sit in it and read a book.  You also love to make funny faces (you'll do any thing to make us laugh) and give the biggest, wettest kisses and have even started to blow kisses.
making one of your funny faces
you love pushing your doll around
your first pony tail
watching Sesame Street on the airplane to Turks & Caicos
You love to help sweep the floor
You are a great eater and there is not much that you won't eat.  We try to feed you whatever Daddy and I are eating.  So far I think the only thing that you're not crazy about is eggs.  You absolutely love sausage (just like Daddy) and any fruit we give you (just like Mama) - you especially like blueberries, grapes, bananas, and clementines.  You are finally done with the bottle; you stopped showing interest in it a few weeks ago and would only drink an ounce or so at bedtime.  I finally decided to try bedtime with out offering the bottle at all and you had no problems not having it.

You absolutely love books and your favorites right now seem to be "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" and "My Fuzzy Valentine to Elmo".  You will go to your book basket, pull out all of the books until you find one of these two and push yourself into my lap to read them to you.  Only thing is that you don't like to sit still for long, so we rarely make it all the way through the book.  You actually have two different "Brown Bear" books; one that is a "slide and find" (each page has a slider hiding the next animal") - you love to slide open each picture.  The other "Brown Bear" book is more traditional; the last page has a summary of all of the different animals - you love to point at each one and have Daddy or me tell you what it is.

You have grown really fond of Elmo and Abby Cadabby - maybe partly from our trip to Turks and Caicos where you got to dance with them both.  You can say "Abby" pretty well and are working hard to say "Elmo".  You have also shown a lot of interest in all of the family pictures I have out on shelves.  You especially like the pictures of your cousins Addison, Colton, Anna, and Abbie.

You are such a silly, happy, loving, sweet girl.  I can't wait to see what you learn and discover over the next month.  I love you baby girl!

Love,
Mama

1 comment:

  1. What a great monthly recap. I love her little ponytail!

    ReplyDelete