Sunday, June 9, 2013

17 months

Dear Monkey,
Another month has flown by and you are now 17 months old! You are talking like crazy, with your favorite words being more, all done, mama, daddy, and night night. You are starting to put multiple words together, saying things like "hi mama", "bye bye daddy", and "I love you" (although it doesn't completely sound like I love you). You try to say most of the words that Daddy and I say.

You know your nose, eyes, ears, mouth, tongue, teeth, knee, foot, belly, hair, head, and sometimes, your elbow.  You love to blow kisses, saying "muah".  You have started to develop an imagination and will carry around a drink coaster pretending it's a plate and take "bites" off of it; you'll often share your pretend food with Daddy and me.

When you get really excited (which is often), you'll tuck one of your hands up in your arm pit and start pumping it up and down like a chicken wing and then take off running. Your most favorite things to do right now are to watch Elmo and Barney on TV (you call them both Elmo) and to go outside to play or go bye-bye. You start squealing with delight and saying "yay!" whenever you realize you're about to do one of these. You also love when I blow bubbles with you.

You've turned into a great sleeper (finally...I hope I don't jinx it now by writing this) and practically tell us when you're ready to take a nap or go to bed. Most times I'll simply ask you if you're ready to go night-night or take a bath and you'll stop playing, pick up one toy to take with you and start heading upstairs to bed. You have to sleep with your dolphin and elephant stuffed animals and have also recently grown attached to a stuffed puppy (you snuggle with him after bath while I'm drying you off and putting your pjs on).

You're still a little squirt, weighing 20 lb 6 oz (you're so active now, it's going to be hard to put weight on you) and are so long at 32". You're still a great eater and love all fruits and vegetables; sausage seems to be your favorite meat.

You are so independent and want to do most things on your own; if you're struggling to do something and Daddy or I try to help you, you get mad and tell us "no". We find ourselves saying "Graecyn do it" a lot.

You are so happy and always have a smile on your face.










 
 
 
I love you, baby girl!

Mama

1 comment: