You say some pretty cute and funny things now. For example,
- pack pack = back pack
- chapchick = chapstick
- peanut butter and samwich = peanut butter & jelly sandwich
- sparkles = sprinkles or glitter
- sprinkle = sprinkler
- I no no = I don't know
- Backset = basket
Graecyn: Excuse me
Daddy: Do you have gas?
Graecyn: No, I just tooted in my mouth (It took Daddy a few minutes to realize you were trying to tell him you had burped)
Graecyn: My belly feels bad
Mama: What does it feel like?
Graecyn: It's grumpy
Mama: Are you hungry?
Graecyn: Yeah, it's saying "I'm hungry" (spoken in a long drawn out voice)
To get my or Daddy's attention, you often shout "Mama Taylor" or "Daddy Taylor" (you've picked this up from Daddy as he usually says "Graecyn Taylor" to get your attention). You've also started calling me "Mama Graechie", which I'm still trying to figure out.
You are fully in the "why?" phase, which was cute at first, but now I can't wait for it to be over. Everything is followed by "why?"; I try my best to be patient and explain things to you, but after about the fifth why in a row, I usually have to end it with either "because Mama said so" or "just because".
You hate all bugs and the instant you spot one, whether it's a fly, ant, dragonfly, etc. you immediately start shreaking, "eww, eww, eww".
You are fully in the "why?" phase, which was cute at first, but now I can't wait for it to be over. Everything is followed by "why?"; I try my best to be patient and explain things to you, but after about the fifth why in a row, I usually have to end it with either "because Mama said so" or "just because".
You hate all bugs and the instant you spot one, whether it's a fly, ant, dragonfly, etc. you immediately start shreaking, "eww, eww, eww".
Every night after bath we sit in the rocking chair and the very first thing you say (usually before I can even sit down) is "talka my day, Mama". You LOVE for me to go through every single thing you did that day - from what you ate for breakfast through what we did before bath time. It's a little challenging to do on your daycare days since you don't usually remember what you did, but we always find a way to talk about your day. I love this time as well.
You have learned how to peddle your tricycle all by yourself. Your legs are still a little too short, but you manage to stretch your legs long enough to peddle a little bit. Steering is another thing though...Daddy and I have to stay close by to keep you from running into things.
You are obsessed with keeping things "safe" - something you learned at daycare. You've always had a hard time at daycare being worried that one of the other kids would take the toy you're playing with, so the daycare workers started telling you to put it somewhere to "keep it safe". So, you use this phrase constantly and I have to admit, it has actually helped us several times when we need you to do something, but you won't give up your toy (or whatever it is you have in your hands). As soon as Daddy or I tell you we'll keep it safe or tell you to put it somewhere to keep it safe, you instantly will put it away and do what we've asked you to do.
You had a horrible bad dream a few weeks ago where you woke up screaming and shaking at 3:30 a.m. It was horrible and we still don't know what it was that scared you. Now almost every night as I'm putting you down in your crib, you tell me you don't want to have a bad dream. I always tell you we're not going to have a bad dream, we're going to have sweet dreams. And then, to help shift your mind to good thoughts, I ask you what things we can dream about to have sweet dreams. You'll usually say, butterflies, flowers, puppies, Daddy. The other night you decided you could also dream about bananas and turtles to have sweet dreams. Silly girl!
You're still going to Gymboree every Saturday and absolutely love it. You finally got over your fear of parachute rides (where all the kids sit on the parachute while the parents pull it around in a circle) and parachute tickles (where all the kids lay on the mat while the parents lift the parachute up and down giving tickles). Usually you would scream and cry during these activities for me to hold you or lay on the mat with you. One Saturday out of no where you decided you were over your fear and did them all by yourself - I was so proud of you!
You've also recently started swimming lessons every Friday. Since I have to work Fridays, Daddy gets to take you. I was really nervous about how you would react to the swimming lessons since you have pretty much been terrified of swimming pools since Uncle Will's wedding in Turks & Caicos, but Daddy says you have done so great and haven't cried at all. The last time you went, Daddy even dunked you under the water and you did great! Now that water is not so scary, you have been enjoying playing in the "sprinkle" at home and daycare.
You are still very tall and skinny - based on our home measurements you grew 2" in the last 6 months (you are now 36.5" tall), but don't seem to be putting any weight on (you still weigh around 25 pounds) - this isn't too surprising given how active you are - running non-stop at all times. The only times you are not moving are when you are buckled into your car seat or booster seat or sleeping!
Daddy built you an activity table and you love to stand at it and color. You've also been practicing your scissor skills and are getting pretty good. You seem to prefer your right hand when coloring, but left hand for cutting.
You love to play dress up and prefer to wear dresses and skirts as often as possible.
I have been wanting to do a tea party photo shoot with you for awhile now and dreamed this up over a year ago. I figured what better time to capture your first official tea party then as your 2 1/2 year photo shoot. You had a great time and loved to pour the water. It was pretty sunny out, so you had to have your sun glasses. I was able to get a few pictures without your sunglasses, but in all honesty, you with sunglasses on (usually upside down) is normal.
![]() |
| Cheers, Mama |
![]() |
| I love your lashes! |













No comments:
Post a Comment