I've been tracking different milestones with this pregnancy, but haven't yet put them into a blog post (which will ultimately become part of the baby's future baby book), so here goes...
- My symptoms have been pretty spot on from what they were when I was pregnant with Graecyn. I was pretty moody in the first trimester (Eric says he knew I was pregnant well before I took the test and told him I was...sorry babe!). Also I was pretty exhausted (I'm sure it was made worse by chasing a toddler around). I was nauseous most days (especially if I didn't eat something every few hours), but never got sick.
- 4 weeks - I took a home pregnancy test and saw the double lines! Eric was still in bed and when I told him I had something to show him, his response was "I already know". Apparently, I had been VERY moody for a few weeks prior to this...he knew I was pregnant before I did! Due date was predicted to be June 22 based on the calendar.
- 6 weeks - I had my first ultrasound (likely because we conceived on fertility drugs and they needed to rule out multiples (they still say there's only 1) or an ectopic pregnancy). They predicted me to be at 5 weeks 5 days instead of 6 weeks 2 days (only the yolk sac was visible)
- 7 weeks - 2nd ultrasound (since the first one was too early). Predicting to be at 6 weeks 1 day instead of 7 weeks 1 day (this was the same as with Graecyn). Heartbeat was 120 and due date calculated at June 24. Cravings - salty foods, especially peanuts, popcorn, and chips.
- 9 weeks - We shared our exciting news with Eric's family during our Thanksgiving trip to NC
- 12 weeks - First OB appointment; heart beat was 150 and my weight gain was 2 lbs. My cravings were asiago cheese bagels with cream cheese from Einstein Brothers Bagels (yum!!). My nausea and exhaustion are getting better, but I'm having a lot of bad headaches.
- 13 weeks - Christmas - we finally get to share the news with my family. It was important to me to be able to tell family in person, but was so hard to keep it a secret for so long!
- 14 weeks - starting to show slightly (probably from so much yummy food at Christmas!) and I'm starting to feel very light kicks (popcorn popping).
- 16 weeks - heart beat 153 and weight gain 6 pounds; kicks are becoming more frequent.
How far along: 18 weeks
Weight gain: 6 lbs +
Maternity clothes: Not yet, but I am starting to use a hairband and belly band to keep my normal pants buttoned and this morning I decided to break out my post-pregnancy "fat" pants to have a little extra room.
Exercise: I've been able to exercise throughout the entire pregnancy so far. I started running a few weeks before I found out I was pregnant and decided I didn't want to stop. I've reduced the intensity and speed and am now starting to incorporate more speed walking at an incline (mainly because the second I start to run, I feel an intense need to pee...very annoying!). I'm averaging 2.5 miles, 3 days a week. I also try to do yoga at least 1 day a week and am hoping to starting doing even more.
Sleep: I'm sleeping pretty well and rarely needing to get up in the night to use the bathroom.
Best moment: I've been feeling light movements for a few weeks now, but within the last day or so have really been feeling kicks. They feel lower than I remember with Graecyn.
Worst moment: Having to use the bathroom constantly during the day. Most mornings, I use the bathroom 4-5 times before I even get to work!
Miss anything: Nothing yet
Symptoms: frequent need to pee during the day
Cravings: Still craving salty foods, but the cravings are not as strong as in the first trimester.
There are so many old wives tales about gender and while I don't believe any of them, I thought it would be fun to see what they're predicting the gender to be.
Carrying high or low? Low = boy
Heartbeats per minute: 140+ = girl
Cravings: salty = boy
Chinese birth chart lunar age: boy
Ring swing: ring swings back and forth = boy
Morning sickness: not much = boy
I can't wait to find out how right (or wrong) these old wives tales are!


No comments:
Post a Comment