Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Birthday to Me!

I turned 36 over the weekend and had a great birthday.  My parents were able to come for the weekend, which was so nice - I can't remember the last time I was able to celebrate my birthday and Easter with them.

Will and Danielle had their baby boy last weekend on 3/30 - Theodore William Johnson - so Mom and Dad squeezed in the trip here in between visiting him at Will and Danielle's home in Wisconsin.  He's a big boy - weighing 10 lb 4 oz at 1 week early - and has a head full of black hair.  He's such a cute baby and we can't wait to meet him...unfortunately, it's not likely we'll be making a trip to Iowa until after baby boy Taylor arrives, so for now we'll settle for pictures and face time.


I really had a great birthday.  We packed as much fun as we could into the day starting with a great breakfast from Eric - homemade biscuits with sausage gravy (yum!), an Easter egg hunt for Graecyn, Graecyn's gymnastics, shopping with Mom during Graecyn's nap, dinner out at Joe's Crab Shack, and Dairy Queen Oreo ice cream cake and presents to finish off the day.  I got a new yoga mat, phone holder for when I run, a coat rack I've been wanting for a few years now, new shoes, and gift certificates towards prenatal massages, which I can't wait to have done.  It was a fantastic birthday spent with loved ones.




The birthday celebration continued into Easter.  We had Easter dinner with good friends (Mom and Dad had to get on the road home after church) and they spoiled me with cake and birthday gifts too.

No comments:

Post a Comment