Thursday, June 4, 2015

37 Weeks

How far along: 37 weeks 1 day
Weight gain: ~24 lbs -  I feel like I'm huge, but most people comment at how tiny I am to be 3 weeks away from my due date and that from the back I don't look pregnant at all.  They sure know how to make a pregnant girl feel good. :-)
Exercise: None.  My pelvic symphysitis has made it impossible to do any form of exercise.  I try to walk some, but can't go very far without my pelvis hurting and now that I'm so close to my due date, walking too much usually ends in uncomfortable contractions.  I did see a physical therapist for 5 weeks, which helped a lot; I got a lot of good exercises to do now and after the baby that has helped with the pain.
Sleep: I still rarely need to get up in the night to use the bathroom, but am finding it hard to get comfortable.  Having to change positions in bed is torture and takes me forever!  If I don't take my time and make sure to turn the right way, I get sharp, stabbing pain in my pelvis.  So, slow and easy it is.
Best moment: At my 36 week checkup, I was dilated to 1.5 cm and 50% effaced.  This week didn't show much change, but I'm now 2 cm and my cervix is soft.  Hoping these are signs of a faster and early delivery.  We also moved Graecyn into her big girl room (see separate post), so I could finally start getting the nursery ready.  Graecyn is so excited about her baby brother - she has named him "Cocoa Baby Brother" - and told me this morning that there are 2 mamas - she's going to be baby brother's mama and I'm going to be baby brother's mama.
Worst moment: Constant pain and discomfort from the pelvic symphysitis, separation of my abdominal muscles, horrible heartburn (I'm taking Zantac and at least 3 Tums every night just to get through the night), and general pregnancy-related aches and pains. Work has been very stressful lately due to some personnel issues I'm having to deal with and a staff shortage; I think the stress is causing more contractions that normal.  I'm doing what I can to try to reduce the stress, but it's hard.

Miss anything: Exercise (my usual stress reliever), being able to eat whatever I want without worrying how bad my reflux will be as a result, being able to easily hold Graecyn on my lap (there's not much room left for her).
Symptoms: Tired, heartburn, pelvic/pubic pain, back pain, contractions
Cravings: No strong cravings, but am choosing more salads and fruit (mainly in an attempt to minimize the heartburn).



Graecyn's big girl room - still needs some work (wall decorations, window seat), but she loves it!


No comments:

Post a Comment