Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Cody Landen ~ 1 Month Old

The past month has flown by.  You are such a good baby and seem to have a very laid back personality so far.  You love to sleep and are now giving us 3-4 hour stretches of sleep at a time.  The only downside to your love of sleep is that you would rather sleep then eat, which has created some problems when it comes to nursing you; the second I start to nurse you, you snuggle in and fall asleep...nothing will keep you awake.  At your first well baby visit (2 days after coming home from the hospital), your weight was 7 lb 13 oz (down one ounce since leaving the hospital), so your doctor suggested we start to supplement or pump and bottle feed you; I opted to pump and so far have a good milk supply. You're now eating 3-4 oz bottles every 2 1/2 to 4 hours and are starting to get chunky rolls!  At your 2 week weight check you were 8 lb 15 oz and at your 1 month check-up you were 10 lb 10 oz (63%) and 22.5" (81%)!  You're wearing 3 month size clothes, but I'm finding that they're starting to get to be too small, so will be digging out the 6 month size soon.

You love to cuddle and are starting to give us smiles.  You like to spend time on your activity mat and have started to reach out to touch the animals that hang down from it.  Your neck is getting pretty strong and you can hold your head up pretty well.  You seem to like the pacifier, which I'm not crazy about, but if it helps soothe you, then I guess it's a good thing.  You love to look at lights and ceiling fans.  You seem to have a favorite toy already, a blue stuffed elephant that we hang from your activity mat.  The feet crinkle when touched and there are other textures on it - if all the things hanging from the mat, you always reach for the elephant most.

Our nicknames for you right now are Cody Cocoa (or just Cocoa - named by Graecyn), Buddy/Bud, and Buster.

Graecyn has adjusted well to being a big sister, but I think the excitement of it is wearing off.  During the first few weeks, any time you would cry, Graecyn would drop what she was doing and run to you yelling "I'm coming, I'm coming, he needs me."  Now, when you cry, she yells from wherever she is, "Buddy, I'm right here, buddy." or "Shush, I can't hear, Buddy."  She loves to give you hugs and kisses and thinks you're pretty boring right now (we've warned her that this will not always be the case).

We can't wait to watch you grow!








No comments:

Post a Comment