Monday, August 31, 2015

Iowa Road Trip

We had our first road trip as a family of 4, driving to Iowa to visit family.  Since it's a 12 hour drive, we always break it up into 2 days.  Day 1 of the drive was pretty terrible - a typical 6-hour drive took us closer to 9 hours with Cody crying for at least 6 of those hours, Graecyn whining for at least 3 of those hours, and the radio on AM static for the majority of the time in an attempt to soothe Cody with the 'white noise'.  By the time we reached our hotel for the night both Eric and I were exhausted!  Fortunately, everyone slept all night and day 2 was much better (Cody slept pretty much the entire drive).


 

We had such a great time once we arrived at the farm.  It's always so nice to be home and I always wish we had more time to stay.  Graecyn had a BLAST playing with her cousins.  It was so fun to watch them run, laugh, play hard and just have so much fun together.

We made sure to get a trip in to the amusement park, a boat ride, and Taco House (yum!)!






We got to meet Theodore finally - he's such a good, happy baby!  I hope he and Cody can have a good friendship in the future since they're so close in age.  I'm sure Theodore will show him the ropes on the farm one day.


Graecyn had her first sleep over - Addison spent the night on our last night.  I was a little worried that Graecyn wouldn't sleep, but both girls were so exhausted from playing so hard that they went to sleep right away (Addison slept on a mat on the floor next to Graecyn's toddler bed) and didn't make a peep until around 7:30 the next morning!






No comments:

Post a Comment