At 7:14 a.m. on Friday, January 6, 2012 we welcomed Graecyn Nicole to the world! She weighed 6 lb 13 oz and was 19 and 3/4" long. She is a very happy and healthy baby and we cannot believe she is finally here!
Labor went quite well (according to my doctor and all of the nurses). My water broke around 11 p.m. on Thursday and we were at the hospital within the next 45 minutes. In triage, they confirmed that my water had broken and that I was dilated to about 4 cm and moved us into the labor and delivery room. Contractions slowly began and remained tolerable for the first few hours, but by about 3 a.m., they were much stronger and I gave in to an epidural (I was dilated to 8 cm). By the time the epidural was given about 45 minutes later (which, I must say felt like heaven and I can't believe I waited that long to have it administered), I was dilated to 9 cm. I quickly moved to 10 cm, but based on the contractions, knew it wasn't quite time for things to get going. My doctor had me rest for a few hours (thanks to the epidrual, I managed to squeeze a little sleep in). By about 6:45 a.m., my doctor asked if I wanted to give pushing a try and with the first push (without a contraction), the baby's head was already crowning; 3 big contractions and 20 minutes later and we finally got to meet our daughter!
Eric and I have been on cloud 9 ever since and of course think she's perfect and is the most beautiful baby in the world!
 |
| First Family Photo |
 |
| Proud Daddy! |
 |
| Complimentary cupcake from the hospital |
 |
| Lots of hair! |
 |
| Time to go home |
No comments:
Post a Comment