Sunday, September 15, 2013

Petting Zoos, Fairies, and Turkey Legs Oh My!

September in Michigan means cool weather, cider mills, and the Renaissance Festival; we had a fun and busy weekend participating in them all.

You experienced your first petting zoo at one of the local cider mills and absolutely loved it!  I was worried the animals would scare you, but you would squeal with delight whenever you would feed them.  We quickly went through 4 ice cream cones filled with animal feed (you had a tendency to tip the cone upside down when feeding the animals) and I had to pull you away kicking and screaming (I think you would have been happy to stay there all day).

Daddy and I took you to your first Renaissance Festival this weekend as well; I think you enjoyed the people watching as much as Daddy and I do.  There aren't too many places where you can see fairies, mermaids, and bag pipes all in the same parade!




You loved brushing the animals...until the sheep let out a loud baa that scared you to death (see bottom left picture)
Great people watching!

Making a fairy wand with one of the festival fairies
mmmm....turkey leg!

No comments:

Post a Comment