Sunday, December 15, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

We are enjoying the Christmas season and cramming as much Christmas fun in as we can.

We've decorated our Christmas trees.  Because Graecyn is into everything and doesn't sit still for a minute, it took us 3 evenings (after she went to bed) to get our big tree decorated - 1 to get it set and straight in the stand, 1 to get the lights on, and 1 to hang the ornaments.  As much as I love a fresh tree, I'm starting to think a fake tree is the way to go…if only I could get Eric on board.  We got Graecyn her very own mini-Christmas tree this year to decorate with her own ornaments…she had fun with it for about 5 minutes and then was more interested in using the ornaments as earrings.

hanging her Minnie Mouse ornament
can you see her "earrings"?
 We've gotten our Christmas pictures done.



We've gotten our first big winter storm of the season with about 7" of snow.  Graecyn loved playing outside in it - blowing bubbles, sledding, and making Mamma, Graecyn, and Daddy snow angels.




We brought some snow inside and made snowmen on the rug.


We headed to downtown Rochester to check out the Festival of Lights - once again, it did not disappoint. 


We've still have to get a visit in with Santa…we've tried twice, but the lines have been too long both times.  I'm sure once we do get to see him, Graecyn will be a crying, clingy mess…but until then, she has fun talking about him.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!


1 comment:

  1. I love ALL of these photos! Her Christmas card picture is TOO cute and I love her "earrings!" I wish Birmingham had a place like your downtown where we could go look at lights!

    ReplyDelete