Saturday, May 17, 2014

Charleston, SC

I recently had a very short (overnight) work-related trip to Charleston, SC.  I had been to Charleston twice before (spring break 2001 and again for Eric and my one year anniversary) and I was so excited to have a chance to revisit the beautiful city.  We had hoped to make a family vacation out of it, but the schedule didn't work out.  So, I decided to book an early flight so that I could spend all afternoon touring the city and taking pictures.  I was so disappointed to discover that the only day I would have an opportunity to play tourist, there was a 100% chance of rain and strong storms!  I was hopeful that the forecast might be off since it wasn't raining when my plane landed, but the second the taxi dropped me at my hotel the rain drops started.  I was determined not to let the rain slow me down and ventured out, but after 20 minutes in the pouring down rain, I decided there was no way I would be able to enjoy myself (and keep my camera dry) and headed back to the hotel.  Fortunately, the rain took a break for a few hours and I walked as hard and fast as I could throughout historic Charleston trying to see everything I could before the next round of storms started up.  I'm guessing I put in about 5 miles in 2 hours!  I wish I would have had more time to enjoy the city, but am glad I was able to see what I did.


The Circle Church




Rainbow Row
I love all of the unique doors and garden gates throughout Charleston.
Pineapple fountain - Waterfront Park
Sunrise at Waterfront Park

1 comment:

  1. That sucks about the weather, but you managed to get some amazing photos in the time you did have! Charleston is such a cool city, I just love it, and it's got to be fun getting to revisit places now that you have this hobby and such great camera equipment!

    ReplyDelete