This was Graecyn's first halloween where she actually was actually excited and knew what the holiday was about. She asked us almost daily if today was Halloween and when I finally said, "yes, today is Halloween", she was so excited!
To help get in the spirit of the holiday, she got to help carve pumpkins...which she was into for about 5 minutes and then professed that "this is boring".
I convinced Graecyn to dress up as Elsa from the movie Frozen so that Cody could be Olaf. I knew it was highly likely to be cold outside, so wanted to make sure Cody had a costume that would keep him warm. His Olaf costume consisted of a white snowsuit and a homemade hat. It didn't take much to convince Graecyn to be Elsa and she it still pretty into this movie.
We invited Graecyn's best friend, Callie, and her parents to come over and trick-or-treat with us. Callie was a witch and is the cutest witch I've seen! The girls were so excited and pretty much ran from house to house. Graecyn practically pulled me through the street. She did a good job saying "trick-or-treat" and "thank you" and didn't get shy or embarrassed at all. The weather was pretty crummy for the 4th year in a row - cold, windy, and raining, but it didn't slow them down.
It's so much fun to see holidays through Graecyn's eyes. Her excitement is contagious!













No comments:
Post a Comment